The Best Convertible car seats 2021 are most important for your kids life.Are you looking to buy the Best Convertible Car seats for 2021-2022? No doubt, You are in the right place.SEE:BEST SELLER CAR SEAT USA / UK LIST
A Convertible car seat is most useful and important for a child/baby. If you are a parent of a child you must try to buy the best Convertible car seats for your baby. So all the parents are anxious to find the best car seat for their satisfaction.
I’ve written a complete Best Car Seat Buying guide to make it easy for you to choose the for your budget and needs. So without delay, checkout our best selling top 10 Best Convertible car seats 2021 list and find out which is the best suit for you.Also Check:Best convertible car seats for travel 2021,Best affordable convertible car seats 2021.
10 Best Convertible Car Seats For 2021-2022
5 Best Ways to Make Sure Your Child Is Safe
Studies conducted by NHTSA and in the field indicate that car seat, booster seat, and seat belt misuse rates vary from 74 to 90 percent. Yes, you read that right—the majority of child seats are not installed correctly. Here’s how to do it properly:
Right seat: Check the seat’s height and weight limits (see our timeline above). Age is also an important factor because it is reflective of your child’s skeletal development.
Seat tight: Once installed, the seat shouldn’t move more than 1 inch side to side or front to back. Don’t get discouraged—this can be tricky.
Harness height: In rear-facing installation, the harness straps are at or below your baby’s shoulders. For forward-facing, harness straps should be at or above a tot’s shoulders. The chest clip should always be at armpit level.
Harness tight: If your child is secured properly, you shouldn’t be able to pinch any fabric on the straps at the child’s shoulders.
Final check: Recline right and tether tight. Check the recline angle for rear-facing seats (most have an indicator) to avoid allowing the child’s head to fall forward and obstruct breathing.
Best Convertible Car Seats Reviews
Best Overall Convertible Car Seat 2021
Graco 4Ever 4-in-1 Convertible Car Seat gives you 10 years with one car seat. It’s comfortable for your child and convenient for you, transitioning from rear-facing infant car seat (4-40 lb) to forward-facing 5-point harness seat (22-65 lb) to high-back belt-positioning booster (30-100 lb) to backless belt-positioning booster (40-120 lb). For a proper fit, the Simply Safe Adjust Harness System and 10-position headrest let you adjust the harness and headrest together, with no rethreading. The 6-position recline keeps your child comfortable, the Fuss Free harness makes it easy to get your child in and out, and the In Right LATCH system, with one-second attachment, makes installation easy. It’s the only seat that truly goes from baby to booster! $297-Buy At Amazon
- All-in-1 convertible car seat grows with your child, enjoy 10 years of use from 4 – 120 lb
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of harness and headrest (10 positions) in one motion
- The 4Ever convertible car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system; Engineered & crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
- In Right LATCH system for an easy, one-second LATCH attachment; includes easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation; 6-position recline adjusts for fit; Fuss Free harness to get baby in and out easily
- Plush inserts keep your child comfy; washable seat cover is easy to remove without removing the harness; integrated harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps while in the belt positioning booster seat mode.Read Full Review…
Best Convertible Car Seat Under 200BUY ON AMAZON
Awesome seat but big flaw… I didn’t buy from Amazon however got from baby store bran new in box. Something I want share.. This seat is comfy, cute and very safe. However they put their warning labels on the cushions. They are not fabric labels they are painted on. When your car heats up they get so hot that they will burn a baby or child on the top and lower part of their back. Just always make sure to feel it before you put your child in this seat.
Overall, satisfied with this car seat! We’re die heart Britax fans when it comes to everything but I hate that they never have cup holders. So after careful review, we went with this one! The only thing I’m not satisfied with is the color. It looks SIGNIFICANTLY different then the photo so be aware. It’s not grey. It’s like a brown purple almost. $163-Buy At Amazon
- 4-position extension panel provides 5″ additional leg room; helps protect rear-facing infants from 4-50 lb. and forward-facing toddlers from 22-65 lb. with up to 50 lb. rear-racing to rear-face longer
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest in one motion; 10-position headrest adjusts easily for your growing child. 6-position recline helps keep your child comfy
- Engineered & rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed US Standard FMVSS 213; Extend2Fit convertible car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system
- InRight LATCH system for an easy, one-second LATCH attachment; easy-to-read level indicator for hassle-free installation; 6-position recline helps keep your child comfy
- Fuss Free Harness Storage to get baby in and out easily; integrated, dual cup holders help keep your child’s drink close ; Seat pad is comfortable and machine-washable..Read Full Review…
Best Convertible Car Seat Under 300BUY ON AMAZON
The Boulevard ClickTight convertible car seat has the patented ClickTight Installation System, an extra layer of side impact protection, Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator, and SafeCell Impact Protection for peace of mind while you’re on the go with your child. Car seat installation is easy as buckling a seatbelt thanks to the ClickTight Installation System. In the Boulevard Car Seat you are surrounded in safety. This convertible car seat features the patented Britax SafeCell Impact Protection system which includes a steel frame, energy-absorbing base, V-shaped tether to minimize seat rotation and staged-release stitches that slow and reduce forward movement in the event of a crash. Britax designed the Boulevard ClickTight Car Seat with 2 strong layers of side energy absorption; a deep foam-lined shell and head protection will shield your child from side impacts. Plush foam padding and fabric, along with 7 recline positions ensures premium comfort for your child. The 14-position easy-adjust harness grows along with your child and you can change the height of the seat with just the push of a button – no rethreading necessary. Have peace of mind knowing your child’s harness is within range of proper tightness. With the sound of a click thanks to the Click & Safe Snug Harness Indicator you will know it’s correctly adjusted. The Boulevard car seat can be used rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds, child standing height 49” or less. Car seat dimensions 23” L x 18.5” W x 23.5” H. 14-Position harness slot heights 8.35” to 19.4”. FAA approved..Read Full Review…
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: Quick-adjust 14-position harness with Click & Safe Snug Indicator gives a click sound when the harness is tight
- Adjust accurately: Harness indicator gives an audible click when you’ve pulled to the proper tightness
- Surrounded in safety: 2 layers of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds; Dimensions: 23L x 18.5W x 23.5H in
The Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat has the patented ClickTight Installation System, a layer of side impact protection, and SafeCell Impact Protection for peace of mind while you’re on the go with your child. Car seat installation is easy as buckling a seatbelt thanks to the ClickTight Installation System. In the Marathon Car Seat you are surrounded in safety. This convertible car seat features the patented Britax SafeCell Impact Protection system which includes a steel frame, energy-absorbing base, V-shaped tether to minimize seat rotation and staged-release stitches that slow and reduce forward movement in the event of a crash. Britax designed the Marathon ClickTight Car Seat with a strong layer of side energy absorption; a deep foam-lined shell will shield your child from side impacts. Plush foam padding and fabric, along with 7 recline positions ensures premium comfort for your child. The 14-position easy-adjust harness grows along with your child and you can change the height of the seat with just the push of a button – no rethreading necessary. The Marathon car seat can be used rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds, child standing height 49” or less. Car seat dimensions 23” D x 18.5” W x 23.5” H. 14-Position harness slot heights 8.35” to 17.7”. FAA approved. $279-Buy At Amazon
- ClickTight Installation System is the safest and simplest technology on the market. Open the front of the car seat, feed the seatbelt through the indicated path and click the seat shut. That’s all you need to do for rock-solid installation.
- Impact-absorbing base compresses to reduce the rough force of a collision.
- Impact-stabilizing steel frame offers superior strength where you need it most: at the connection point to the vehicle.
- Patented V-shaped tether minimizes seat rotation with a unique two-strap design and staged-release stitches that slow and reduce forward movement during a crash.
- Side Protection, formed by a deep energy-absorbing shell, shields your child from the most severe type of collision. .Read Full Review…
Best Convertible Car Seat Under 150BUY ON AMAZON
This carseat is AMAZING! Around 6 months old, my daughter really started hating her infant carseat because she couldn’t sit up and look out the window. My mother-in-law bought a convertible carseat for her car, so she was really starting to love that one. Also, my husband and I were getting tired of moving the infant seat from car to car since she was so heavy. Therefore, I went on my journey to find a convertible seat. I was not willing to spend over $200 because we need one for each of our cars and that money adds up! I read review, after review, after review. These were what I wanted: $134-Buy At Amazon
Get the car seat that’s built to grow! From your first ride together coming home from the hospital to soccer car pools, the 3-in-1 Grow and Go Car Seat will give your child a safer and more comfortable ride. Featuring extended use at each stage, this convertible car seat is designed to last through all your firsts with your child. For newborns to growing toddlers, the Grow and Go can be used in the rear-facing position from 5-40 pounds. It includes two comfortable grow-with-baby pillows to give your new travel companion a snug fit, and they easily remove as your baby outgrows them. In forward-facing mode, the Grow and Go keeps your child protected in a harness up to 65 pounds. In both rear-facing and forward-facing mode, harness holders keep the harness in an open position. This makes it easier for you to get your child in and out of the car seat. No more fishing for the harness and clips from behind your child – they’re right there when you need them. The Quick Fit Harness offers additional convenience in both of these stages by letting you adjust the height of both the headrest and harness in one easy step, making it simple to give your growing child the best fit..Read Full Review…
- BUILT TO GROW: The 3-in-1 car seat built to GROW for extended use through 3 stages: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds, Forward-facing 22-65 pounds, and Belt-positioning booster 40-100 pounds
- SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION: The Grow and Go’s side impact protection helps keep your child safe. 3-position recline makes it easy to get a good fit in your car
- EASY IN, EASY OUT: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it’s easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- QUICKFIT HARNESS: With the QuickFit Harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step. 2 integrated cup holders
- WASH AND DRY: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; no fuss for truly easy cleaning
Best Convertible Car Seat Under 400
The NextFit iX is the next generation convertible car seat from Chicco, makers of the #1-rated NextFit. Designed to fit your vehicle and your child, the NextFit iX features proven SuperCinch LATCH functionality and a new LockSure vehicle belt-tightening system, plus easy-to-use adjustability designed to comfortably accommodate growing children from 5-65 lbs, including a 9-position headrest and no-rethread harness with easy one-pull tightening. The NextFit iX Zip also features a zip-off seat pad for easy machine washing. $349-Buy At Amazon
This glorious “throne” of a car seat is amazing! My 2 year old has absolutely loved changing from the Chicco Keyfit 30 to this open, roomy, comfortable seat! She enjoys car rides now that she can sit tall and see (albeit rear-facing) everything around her. It is exceptionally well-made and has awesome safety reviews. The cup holder is ridiculous, and I don’t know what super skinny sippy cup would fit it, so I don’t use that feature, and thankfully it’s removable. Otherwise I love love love it (because my little one does too)!.Read Full Review…
- Recline Sure 9-position levelling system and dual Ride Right bubble levels help achieve and verify proper angle in vehicle seat
- Premium connectors and Super Cinch tightened help achieve a secure installation with LATCH
- New! Lock Sure belt-tightening system helps achieve a secure installation with vehicle seat belt
- New! 9-position easy-adjust headrest and no-rethread harness with easy-pull tightened accommodate growing children
- Zip & Wash seat pad and Comfort Flex harness system that keeps the waist belt out of the way during in/out!
Best Value Convertible Car SeatBUY ON AMAZON
Graco’s exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides an easy, 1-second install with an audio click cue to help ensure secure installation. Installing a convertible car seat has never been easier. Hearing the click will make you confident your little one is secure.
Graco knows that safety is your number one priority when choosing a car seat for your most precious cargo. The Graco Milestone All-in-1 Car Set undergoes rigorous safety testing, so it’s no wonder parents feel confident and secure when they fasten a Graco 5-point harness around their little one. $165-Buy At Amazon
- 3-in-1 convertible car seat transforms from a rear-facing infant car seat from 5 – 40 pounds, to a forward-facing car seat from 20 – 65 pounds, to a belt-positioning booster 30 – 100 pounds
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest, in one motion, to ensure that your child is always properly secured.
- 4-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy, in rear- and forward-facing modes
- Graco’s exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audio click cue to help ensure secure installation.In addition to meeting or exceeding all applicable US safety standards, the Milestone car seat has been side impact tested for occupant retention solely with the built-in 5-point harness system
- Height: head must be at least 1″ below handle. Care – Metal and plastic parts may be cleaned with mild soap & cool water
Best Convertible Car Seat For KidsBUY ON AMAZON
The Symphony Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat holds a rear-facing infant from 5-40 lbs. (height: 19-40 inches), forward facing toddlers from 22-40 lbs. (height: 28-50 inches), and accommodates children in its booster mode from 40-110 lbs. (height: 44-57 inches). Simply put, it’s the only car seat you will ever need! This top rated car seat meets or exceeds all applicable Federal Safety Standards providing superior protection, and features Evenflo’s proprietary e3 Side Impact Protection that significantly reduces side impact crash forces through advanced energy absorption and an expanded zone of protection. The Symphony features our 5-point Infinite Slide Harness that allows for an accurate fit every time. No constant fiddling with the harness as the child grows. With our exclusive Sure LATCH connectors, this car seat can be installed in 60 seconds, with no pulling necessary, which makes it great for moving between multiple vehicles. Other features include: energy absorbing foam liner, 1-hand adjustable headrest, removable head and body pillow for additional comfort and support, up-front multi-position recline for child’s comfort while asleep or awake, easy-off, machine-washable car seat pad, integrated cup holder for easy access to drinks. The Evenflo Elite All-In-One Convertible Car Seat for infants, toddlers and children is designed, engineered, tested, molded and assembled in the United States. For almost a century, Evenflo has been a leader in safety, innovation and education. The Evenflo Symphony DLX adheres to that mission in providing a convertible car seat that combines safety, comfort and ease for the ultimate luxury in child restraints..Read Full Review…
- his All-In-One Convertible Car Seat fitting children from 5-110 lbs. is the only car seat you’ll ever need providing rear-facing, forward facing and booster capabilities
- The Symphony Elite helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 lbs., forward facing toddlers from 22-65 lbs. and high back booster mode supports children 40-110 lbs.
- Easy to install in vehicles in only 60 seconds using Evenflo’s exclusive, auto-retracting Sure LATCH connectors with no pulling necessary
- The 5-point Infinite Slide harness easily slides to adjust for an accurate fit every time which means easy in and out for your child.Evenflo’s proprietary e3 Side Impact Protection significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through 3 layers of expanded zone protection
- Dimensions(inches): 19.5 High x 21.5 Wide x 28 Long
- Sure latch connectors just click, click, push for super-fast, super-snug installation in less than 60 seconds
- E3 side impact protection significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through an expanded zone of protection and 3 layers of superior protection
- An all in one car seat fitting children from 5 to 110pounds the only car seat you will ever need
- Infinite slide harness easily slides for an accurate fit every time no reworking the harness as child grows
- Up-front multi-position recline for child’s comfort while asleep or awake
BUY ON AMAZON
The Pria 85 Max lets you enjoy the ride with your new BFF. Better, Faster, Fit. Every time. It’s the only premium convertible car seat that offers a first-class ride from 5-85 pounds and premium innovations that make it easier to get your child in and out of the seat.
The ClipQuik auto-magnetic chest clip opens easily from the front side with just one hand when getting your child out of the car. Strapping them back in again is easy too. The ClipQuik magnets slide together and lock on their own so you can get on your way quickly. It’s also easier to get your child in and out of the Pria 85 Max thanks to the handy harness holders that keep the harness straps out of the way, and a flip away buckle. This clever buckle won’t get stuck under your baby when getting in the seat or stuck in clothing when getting out.
This convertible car seat fits children rear-facing starting at 5 pounds with removable insert cushions to give smaller babies a snug fit. It then keeps them cozy up to 40 pounds. Turn this car seat around to safely fit forward-facing children in a harness up to 85 pounds; the highest weight range offered by a convertible car seat. Both stages benefit from the safer side impact protection provided by Air Protect technology which protects your child where it’s needed most, around the head.
Featuring insert cushions and premium fabrics and padding throughout, the Pria 85 Max also provides the most comfort for your child during the journey. It provides more comfort adults too with a special design that fits better in your car, allowing more room for your passengers to stretch out in the front seats..Read Full Review…
- 2-IN-1 CONVERTIBLE CAR SEAT – Keeps your child safe and comfy through two modes of use: as a rear-facing car seat 14-40 pounds and as an extended-use forward-facing car seat 22-85 pounds.
- One click latch system, with easy click-in for better installation.YOUR NEW B.F.F for BETTER. FASTER. FIT. – BETTER support with two infant inserts. FASTER boarding with flip-away buckle, harness holders and ClipQuik chest clip. FIT your child with ease thanks to a headrest and harness height that adjust with one hand.
- SUPERIOR SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION – Designed by car seat safety experts, the patented Air Protect® advanced cushioning system provides superior protection around your child’s head.
- MACHINE WASHABLE FABRICS – The seat pad and harness covers are machine washable and removable with simple snaps. There’s never a need to uninstall the seat or rethread the harness for cleaning.
- EXTRA-COMFORTABLE RIDE – The premium fabrics and padding on the Pria 85 Convertible Car Seat provide the most comfort for your child during the ride.
Best Choice Convertible Car SeatBUY ON AMAZON
The Roundabout Convertible Car Seat is a smart choice for keeping your little one safe and sound as you head out on life’s travels. SafeCell Impact Protection surrounds your child in safety components that work together to protect well beyond the established federal safety standards. And Complete Side Impact Protection shields your little one in a deep protective shell designed to absorb crash forces and protect from debris. To ensure the right fit the Roundabout comes with a 2-Position Buckle to keep up with your growing child and Plush Foam Padding provides premium comfort at every touch point. Installation is made simple with Easy-On / Easy-Off LATCH Connectors that lock into place with an audible click and are easily released with the push of a button. The Roundabout is designed to keep you worry free and your child safe, comfy and secure for the road ahead..Read Full Review…
- SafeCell Impact Protection is an integrated system of safety components, including an Impact Absorbing Base, Tether and Harness, an Impact Stabilizing Steel Frame, and Complete Side Impact Protection.
- SafeCell Complete Side Impact Protection surrounds your child in a deep protective shell designed to absorb crash forces and shield your child from debris.
- Tangle-Free, 5-Point Harness prevents the straps from twisting making it easier to load your child into the seat and ensuring a safer ride.
- 3 Recline Positions for your child’s comfort and safety.Check that the back angle of the child seat is 30° – 45° from vertical (not to exceed 45°) when the car is parked on a level surface.
- Quick-Adjust 2-Position Buckle allows you to easily move the buckle outward for a comfortable, secure fit as your child grows.
Best Budget Convertible Car SeatBUY ON AMAZON
The Marathon Click Tight convertible car seat has the patented Click Tight Installation System, a layer of side impact protection, and Safe Cell Impact Protection for peace of mind while you’re on the go with your child. Car seat installation is easy as buckling a seatbelt thanks to the ClickTight Installation System. In the Marathon Car Seat you are surrounded in safety. This convertible car seat features the patented Britax SafeCell Impact Protection system which includes a steel frame, energy-absorbing base, V-shaped tether to minimize seat rotation and staged-release stitches that slow and reduce forward movement in the event of a crash. Britax designed the Marathon Tight Car Seat with a strong layer of side energy absorption; a deep foam-lined shell will shield your child from side impacts. Plush foam padding and fabric, along with 7 recline positions ensures premium comfort for your child. The 14-position easy-adjust harness grows along with your child and you can change the height of the seat with just the push of a button – no rethreading necessary. The Marathon car seat can be used rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds, child standing height 49” or less. Car seat dimensions 23” D x 18.5” W x 23.5” H. 14-Position harness slot heights 8.35” to 17.7”. FAA approved.
- Easy installation: Patented ClickTight makes car seat installation as simple as buckling a seat belt
- No rethreading, ever: 14-position harness, 2-position buckle for a comfortable fit as your child grows
- Relax & Recline: 7 recline positions ensure comfort and the best vehicle installation angle
- Surrounded in safety: A layer of side impact protection, steel frame and impact absorbing base
- Fits: Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and forward-facing 20-65 pounds; Dimensions: 23L x 18.5W x 23.5H in
The Best Infant Car Seats 2021-2022BUY ON AMAZON
Proper installation is the Key to making your baby’s world safer. The Chicco Key Fit 30 Infant Car Seat is the premier infant carrier for safety, comfort, and convenience. With its removable newborn insert, the Key Fit 30 Car Seat will accommodate your baby from four to thirty pound. The Key Fit 30’s thickly cushioned seat includes a five-point safety harness and is lined with energy-absorbing foam for increased safety and comfort. The Key Fit 30 Base’s Recline Sure spring-loaded leveling foot, Ride Right 2 Easy-to-see bubble level indicators, and Super Cinch One-Pull LATCH tightener guarantee quick and correct installment from either side of your vehicle and give you confidence that your child is safely secured in your vehicle.Machine wash fabrics separately in cold water on delicate cycle. Do not use bleach; drip dry. Plastics and hardware may be sponge cleaned using warm water and mild soap; towel dry. To clean harness, sponge clean using warm water and mild soap; air dry. Do not machine wash harness..Read Full Review…
We’ve been using this seat for our 7 month old ever since she was born, and it’s a wonderful seat! It was SUPER light when she was a newborn, now not so much since she’s 14 pounds, but she still fits in it well. I love the easy click onto the base and into the travel systems (we use the Chico Urban stroller). Also in case anyone is wondering, since I did a lot of research on what strollers would be able to squeeze into my Altima couple…. this is one that’s small enough to fit! I would assume it would fit into most coupes just fine. Going to be sad when we transition her into her Graco 4ever full-time within a couple months, but will use this car seat for the next kid until it expires!
- The easiest infant car seat to install
- No.1 rated infant car seat in America
- 5-point harness adjusts with one hand
- Full body inserts for newborns 4-11 pound to protect smaller babies
- Spring-assisted level foot, bubble levels, and ”Center-Pull” adjustment for easiest installation
Evenflo continues to redefine industry standards with the rollover tested SafeMax Infant Car Seat. The SafeMax Infant Car Seat offers a SafeZone Base that is designed with an anti-rebound bar to absorb and dissipate crash forces. The SafeMax Infant Car Seat allows your family to travel with peace of mind and provides extended safety in addition to a lightweight design that makes it easy for you to carry. The seat accommodates children ranging from 4-35 lbs
Evenflo continues to redefine industry standards with the rollover tested SafeMax Infant Car Seat. The SafeMax Infant Car Seat offers a SafeZone Base that is designed with an anti-rebound bar to absorb and dissipate crash forces. The SafeMax Infant Car Seat allows your family to travel with peace of mind and provides extended safety in addition to a lightweight design that makes it easy for you to carry. The seat accommodates children ranging from 4-35 pounds..Read Full Review…
This carseat is the real McCoy. I’ve purchased a lot of items on amazon, but this out of all purchases has been the best purchased by far. My niece and her husband and their son whose 3 weeks were in a severe accident the vehicle was total. They suffered bruises but their son was untouched. The carseat protected him while the vehicle flipped over. I’m glad I bought this it was a gift from me to them for a baby shower not realizing it saved his life.
- This Rear-Facing Infant Car Seat fitting newborns and babies from 4-35 pounds includes a stay-in-car convenience SafeZone Base made up of a combination of premium materials designed to absorb and dissipate crash forces through an anti-rebound bar
- The SafeMax Infant Car Seat is the FIRST rollover-tested car seat offering extended safety combined with a lightweight design that makes it easy for you to carry or travel with
- The SafeMax is equipped with Sure Safe Latch guides that make proper installation easy in cars equipped with lower latch anchors securing your child in seconds
- This Infant Car Seat is equipped with a temperature regulating fabric that keeps baby comfortable during hot or cold weather, which provides a safer, more peaceful ride for you and your infant
- The extremely lightweight design equipped with a padded, ergonomic handle is uniquely crafted to make carrying your infant or newborn as comfortable as possible
The innovative and upscale shell design of the Primo Viaggio 4-35 Infant Car Seat with Base optimizes baby’s safety and comfort at any growth stage. Side Impact Protection (SIP) is adjustable to six different positions with no re-threading required to protect baby’s head and shoulders at any growth stage. An energy absorbing EPS lined shell enhances protection and is perforated to guarantee maximum air circulation. Dual Stage Cushion System includes two (2) cushions to properly position baby’s head and shoulders within the protected side wings.
This car seat saved my 3 month old daughters life. We were in a major accident where my brand new Passat was totalled. My car went 1500 feet down an embankment on the highway and she was totally fine. I found out the hard way the the side impact protection works wonders. She was smiling and playing by the time they got us out the car. I have since been shopping around trying to get the same features on another car seat and it can’t be matched. Most car seat have not protection around the head area but this one does. The typical car seat has SIP (side impact protection) on the car seat itself, not in the headrest. That’s ok but not great because your child’s head is free to move around until it hits the side of the car seat to get this protection. That’s totally unacceptable for me. That would leave my child vulnerable to neck or head injuries and I’m not willing to take the chance with her life. With that being said, I have repurchased this car seat even though she may only be in it a couple more months but she is totally worth every penny. After this seat I am moving her into a Diono Rainier because of the SIP and the fact that it rear faces up to 50 pounds and 44 inches..Read Full Review…
- Made In Italy. Rear facing infant car seat for babies 4 to 35 pounds and up to 32″ tall, includes a base with an integrated anti-rebound bar
- Dual stage cushion system-first stage for 4 pound and up offers extra support on baby’s neck and bottom, second stage correctly supports growing baby, both help to keep baby’s head properly positioned and are made of our fresco jersey breathable fabric
- Car seat dimensions: 25.9 x 17.0 x 23.9 inches and base dimensions: 21.6 x 14.6x 11.5 inches . Side impact protection adjusts to six different positions with no rethreading required, protecting baby’s head and shoulders at any growth stage
- Patent handle and seat design have color coded belt paths to help in belt routing if base is not in use, short compact handle makes it easy to move seat in and out of the car
- Innovative shell design optimizes baby’s safety and comfort, the well fitted upholstery features the best of Italian textile and tailoring tradition
The SnugRide Click Connect 35 Infant Car Seat is an ultra-lightweight infant car seat. It’s part of Graco’s top line of infant car seats, and helps make it easy to transport your little one from home to the car and everywhere in between. The SnugRide Click Connect 35 infant car seat is designed to protect babies rear-facing from 4-35 lbs and features a comfortable seat to keep baby safe and cozy. SnugRide Click Connect 35 is equipped with Click Connect technology providing a one-step secure attachment to all Graco Click Connect strollers making it easy to create a travel system that best fits your lifestyle
Loved this car seat. I ordered 2 of them for my twins and honestly has met my expectations. Easy to install, easy to clean and easy to assemble the straps while your baby is growing.
- Ultra-lightweight infant car seat is easy to transport from the car to the stroller and everywhere in between
- Rear-facing newborn car seat helps protect infants from 4 – 35 pounds; and up to 32″, making it an excellent first car seat for baby
- Click Connect system provides a one-step secure attachment between the rear facing car seat to all Graco Click Connect Strollers to create a travel system
- These Graco infant car seats are rigorously crash tested to meet or exceed US safety standards and reassure safety-conscious parents
- SafeSeat Engineered and crash tested to meet or exceed US standard FMVSS 213
The Best Convertible Car Seats 2021-Buying Guide
Parents and other caregivers looking for convertible car seats for their young children often have a tough time sorting out what’s available. While you want the best convertible car seats, you don’t want to pay too much or go overboard with expensive features that aren’t really necessary.
Some parents may not realize that a convertible car seat may suit their child’s needs, not knowing exactly what a convertible car seat is or what to look for. Here, we take some of the mystery and confusion out of convertible car seat buying.
What is a convertible car seat?
A convertible car seat is heavier than an infant-only car seat. It is also larger. Convertible car seats face toward the back of the car at first and later can be turned to front-facing. That’s the advantage of buying a convertible car seat rather than an infant-only and then a forward-facing seat. Depending on the seat, a convertible car seat can take a child from infancy or birth to somewhere in the range of 40 to 80 pounds and up to 50 inches in height.
Another type of convertible seat is known as a 3-in-1 seat that can change from rear-facing to forward-facing and finally into a booster seat for children weighing up to 100 pounds.
What should you look for in a convertible car seat?
Safety has to be the primary consideration of any parent in searching out a convertible car seat, or any car seat, for that matter. The good news is that every car seat sold in America has to meet federal safety regulations.
First and foremost is that a convertible car seat has to fit your child and your vehicle. Buying an expensive car seat with all the bells and whistles doesn’t make a lot of sense if it doesn’t work for your child or your car. A very inexpensive seat, while it may be good for the household budget, may also not be the best choice.
Easy installation is another important consideration. If the convertible car seat is not easily installed, you may need to have someone show you how to do it or have it installed at a car seat safety inspection station.
Ease of use is paramount as well. How comfortable are you with adjusting the harnesses, or in transitioning from rear-facing to forward-facing mode? Check out the ease-of-use five-star ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) for convertible car seats. The First Years True Fit (I-Alert, Premier, Recline and SI, in rear- and forward-facing) achieved the NHTSA’s highest overall five-star rating.
Pros and cons of convertible car seats
Still confused about whether a convertible car seat is best for your child? Here are some of the positives and negatives about convertible car seats.
- There’s less cost involved overall. You also save money because you don’t have to buy a new seat when the child reaches 20 pounds. This type of car seat fits most children from 5 pounds to at least 40 pounds.
- Convertible car seats, say many parents, are easier to use.
- You only need one seat for an extended period of the child’s growing time.
- Convertible seats are better for older children, in the view of many parents.
- Preemies and small newborns don’t fit well in convertible car seats (especially with the shoulder strap level). This means you’ll have to buy added accessories to adequately fit newborns and young babies in a convertible car seat, since they are larger than infant car seats.
- Once installed, they are not easily removable. This makes convertible car seats inconvenient.
- Convertible car seats do not recline as much as infant car seats. This may make it more difficult for the baby to sleep while in the car seat.
- You can’t carry a convertible car seat with you when you leave the car. That means taking the baby out of the convertible car seat and placing him/her in a stroller or other portable carrier. This makes running errands and shopping with baby more of a hassle.
- One often-mentioned negative of 3-in-1 convertible car seats is that each stage tends to get outgrown before the child is ready for the next stage.
Best Convertible Car Seats 2022
Here are some pros and cons of three well-known and popular convertible car seats.
The First Years True Fit – Pros: comfortable, generally easy to install, tall shell (but it doesn’t take up a lot of front-to-back room; cupholder; cover comes off easily for washing and doesn’t require rethreading; wide seating area; lots of leg room, high (17.5-inch top slots); fits newborns well, and seat sits low on the vehicle seat. Cons: width (the seat is wide); harness adjuster is tough to get to rear-facing; harness is set wide, so kids with narrow shoulders may tend to slip out or it); lock-offs can be difficult if the belt doesn’t fit in them properly); 35-pound rear-facing weight limit.
Britax Marathon 70 – Pros: In forward-facing, the seat accommodates kids from 20 to 70 pounds and up to 49 inches in height; in rear-facing, from 5 to 40 pounds and up to 49 inches. Cons: The NHTSA’s five-star ease-of-use ratings say that in forward-facing, the belt path “may not comfortably accommodate a larger hand. The restraint’s belt-positioning features may be “confusing to tedious” to use. Evaluation of labels indicates that there’s no caregiver reminder to tighten the LATCH belt, no instructions for use of the tether, and the tether is not labeled in the instructions for modes of use.
Graco MyRide65 – Forward-facing seat accommodates a child from 20 to 65 pounds and up to 50 inches in height; in rear-facing, the numbers are from 5 pounds to 40 pounds and until the child’s head is one inch below the top of the restraint. Cons: Installation (RF) issue: “Interference is possible between a seat component and the belt routing system,” says the NHTSA ease-of-use rating. There’s also “not three levels of built-in recline available” and hook-style LATCH attachments “may require twisting to remove from the lower anchors.”
Which are the Safest Car Seat for Your Child?
According to Consumer Reports, here’s a guide, with some popular brand names listed:
Choose the Right Model
As your child grows, you’ll need to transition from one car seat to another. We explain the different types to help you zero in on the right one for your needs. For more information on which cars work best with child seats, see the Driving With Kids, or Child Safety, sections of our vehicle road-test reports.
This is the first seat for most new parents. It can only be installed rear-facing, and it has a removable carrier that connects to a base installed in the car.
This car seat provides the best fit for newborns and smaller babies, and can be used for children from 4 to 40 lbs. (depending on the model). Most kids will probably get too tall before they get too heavy for these car seats. A child is too tall when the crown of his head is less than 1 inch from the top of the car seat’s carrier shell or when she exceeds the height limits of the seat.
The next step after outgrowing an infant seat, is a convertible seat, which should be purchased no later than your child’s first birthday. It can be installed rear- or forward-facing.
The harness system, similar to an infant car seat’s, has a higher rear-facing weight limit. This means kids can ride rear-facing longer, which CR and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommend as the safest option.
It must be installed rear-facing for children younger than 1 and weighing less than 20 lbs. These seats can be used rear-facing up to 40 to 50 lbs. (depending on the seat). Some manufacturers allow forward-facing after age 1, but CR recommends rear-facing until at least age 2, or the rear-facing limits of the seat. In some states (CA, CT, NJ, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC), children younger than 2 years must ride this way. When your child is ready, the seat can be turned around and used forward-facing until it’s time for a booster seat.
Many can hold children as heavy as 65 lbs. Although the minimum weight limit allows for newborns and smaller infants, this type of seat often doesn’t provide the best fit for smaller babies or the convenience of a detachable carrier.
When your child outgrows the weight or height limit of a forward-facing seat’s harness, it’s time for a booster that uses a car’s own seat belt.
Boosters raise a child up in the car so that the seat belt fits correctly—over the sternum and the center of the collarbone (not the neck) and low across the upper thighs (rather than the abdomen). They come in two main styles, high-back and backless.
Although backless versions are portable and easy to install, we recommend high-back models, because they better position the shoulder belt, provide some side-impact protection, and are more comfortable for children to lay their heads against.
Many states have booster laws, some of which require children as old as 9 years and as heavy as 80 lbs. to use a booster.
Best Convertible Car Seats Of 2021
These provide great value by taking a child from birth to booster seat. They’re a tempting money-saver, but our tests have found that by trying to do too much they don’t do any single task all that well.
This type of seat accommodates children from 4 to 50 lbs. sitting rear-facing, kids from 20 to 65 lbs. forward-facing in a harness, and kids from 30 to 120 lbs. in booster mode.
All-in-one car seats are often large and heavy, lack the convenience of a detachable carrier, and might not fit smaller babies (or smaller vehicles). They could be a good backup seat or a seat for a caregiver who transports a child less often.
These can be used only by children who are at the appropriate weight, age, and height limits to sit facing forward.
Designed to be forward-facing only, these have a harness (for use up to a certain height and weight), and then transition to a booster, removing the harness. They’re for children weighing between 20 and 90 lbs. harnessed, and 30 to 120 lbs. in booster mode.
Boosters are a less expensive alternative to convertible seats (if your child meets the forward-facing age and weight requirements), and they offer a safe option for an older child not yet ready for a booster or a transition seat.
What to Know Before Buying a Convertible Car seat
• Know your child: Get used to keeping track of your child’s height and weight, which (along with age) can determine seat size and when its time to move up to the next level. Note: Any behavioral or health issues will also affect your choice.
• Know your stores: Some retailers will let you test-install a seat in your car, which is great because we’ve found that cushion angle or seat belt placement can make a car and child seat incompatible. Also a must: a store that accepts returns. Large department stores such as Target and Walmart offer a limited range of products in stores and a wider selection available online. Online retailers such as Albee Baby, Amazon, Buy Buy Baby, and Diapers.com offer an even larger selection of seat brands and models. Many retailers offer free shipping on car seats. Make online purchases only after you’ve seen the models in real life. You can find higher-end models at specialty stores or boutiques.
• Know your car: Check the child-safety sections of your vehicle owner’s manual, and study up on relevant features such as belts, LATCH, and seats.